Parramatta Light Rail Project
Thursday, 1 December 2022
Time: 3 hours (9:00 am - 12:00 noon)
Minimum Attendance: 6
Maximum Attendance: 24
Map: Visit here for a map of the project
- 9:00 am - Meet in front of 18 Wally’s Walk, Macquarie University
- 9:30 am - Arrive at the project office in Parramatta
- 10:00 am - Take a walking tour to key locations of the project, guided by TfNSW site team
- 12:00 noon - Arrive back at the Macquarie University campus
- The Parramatta Light Rail is one of the NSW Government’s major public transport projects, part of a record $71.5 billion infrastructure program in Australia. Planning and development work is underway for Stage 2 of the Parramatta Light Rail, connecting Stage 1 and the Parramatta CBD to Ermington, Melrose Park, Wentworth Point and Sydney Olympic Park.
- Once completed, Parramatta Light Rail will bring major benefits to businesses, local residents, commuters and visitors, supporting the development of Parramatta and providing a catalyst for further investment in the area.
- Major construction on the Parramatta Light Rail is underway, with passenger services expected to begin in 2023.
- For more information please visit this link.
Please note the PPE requirement below
PPE requirement: Please come in long sleeves, long pants, enclosed shoes which are comfortable for walking. Note that the weather in December is usually hot and humid.
To sign up: Visit the ASEA-SEC-06 registration page. At the bottom of the page you will see an option 'ASEA-SEC-6 Conference Activities'. Select this option and select the checkbox indicating 'Technical Tour'.